You deserve a nourishing and peaceful relationship with food and your body
Welcome to my practice. Are you struggling with eating issues, disordered eating and body image distress? I am here to work with you to create a quality of life that is meaningful and enjoyable. I offer a holistic therapy approach to help you move past your struggles with eating behaviors and body image for a life of liberation, empowerment, and peace.
I specialize in :
- Eating disorders and other eating problems
- Body image distress and shame issues
- Frequent dieting and weight cycling
- Diet culture trauma
- Cultural identity intersections with eating issues
- Self-esteem and relational issues
I come from a Health at Every Size (HAES) approach. I see and hold space for your body and all the weight loss messages and harm it has endured. My foundation is in social justice. Your eating disorder may be rooted in various oppressions and societal harms. I will create space for your eating disorder story. Your eating issues and body experiences are holding a deep and nuanced story about you. My approach will help you unravel your story to uncover the steps to take for powerful change.
Eating disorders, eating problems and body experience issues are all treatable. Change is liberating as well as challenging. And both liberation and feeling challenged can exist together in your healing journey. It is my goal to help you have an empowered relationship with food and your body.
Ready to take the first step? Book a free 15 minute phone call- https://marcellaedtrainingscheduling.as.me/
If you can’t make any of these days and times in my schedule, text me at 510 214-2865 with your availability for a 15 minute call.
I provide telehealth and in person therapy for California residents only.
- I work with teens and adults. I also work with families and couples when one member is struggling with an eating disorder and loved ones are trying to navigate the situation. I also work with couples and families around creating weight inclusive spaces and addressing diet culture together.
- Families and loved ones are not to blame for any eating disorder and family and friends may need support as well when a loved one has an eating disorder. I like to take a system approach when appropriate.
- I am trained in numerous modalities – DBT, ACT, Motivational Interviewing, Family Based Treatment (FBT).
- Sessions are $200-$225 for 50 minutes.
- There are a limited number of reduced fee ($150) slots available by need.
- I will write superbills for your insurance as I do not take insurance. If you are going to submit to your insurance company as an out-of-service provider ask for a statement/receipt. (Note that if you are a Kaiser Permanente member, you will not be able to use your insurance to pay for services.)
- Consider using a flex spending account (associated with your primary insurance) or a health savings account (HSA).
- For resources to help you navigate insurance for treatment of eating disorders start with
- For financial assistance information, start with https://www.theprojectheal.org/cash-assistance-program
- If you need to cancel, keep in mind there is a 24-hour cancellation policy and late cancellation fees. Also I give everybody a one time “Life happens” pass for one appointment that is not cancelled within 24 hours
- I provide telehealth and in person therapy for California residents only.