Here are some podcasts that I was a guest on: talking about eating disorders, body image and social justice. I had such a good time being on these podcasts with people doing incredible work.
- “It’s Not About Food” with Laurelee Roark: This podcast is about learning how to love and accept the body you have, re-learn how to eat intuitively and to know how to take care of your emotions. https://share.transistor.fm/s/4bdc72bf
- “Food Psych Podcast” by Christy Harrison – This podcast challenges diet culture in all its forms—including the restrictive behaviors that often masquerade as wellness and fitness. https://christyharrison.com/foodpsych/6/how-to-improve-treatment-for-disordered-eating-with-marcella-raimondo
- The Food Heaven Podcast: The Food Heaven Podcast dives into topics like health at every size (HAES), food & culture, intuitive eating, and body acceptance- https://foodheavenmadeeasy.com/psa-poc-have-eating-disorders-too/
- “Aduro Life Hot Topics: Mental Health Edition – Eating Disorders and Body Image” with Carolyn Thayer-Azoff: The Aduro Connect platform delivers a measurable link between individual’s well-being and their workplace performance. When people flourish, organizations thrive. https://vimeo.com/adurolife/review/673307157/9f8b870c5b
- Decolonize Eating Disorders- Decolonize Eating Disorders is an action-based forum addressing eating disorder diagnosis, treatment, and recovery from a culturally-appropriate and inclusive philosophy based n the Food Sovereignty movement and Design Regenerative Cultures Frameworks. https://tunein.com/podcasts/Health–Wellness-Podcasts/Decolonize-Eating-Disorders-Podcast-p1360046/?topicId=158252592
- Bleep Bulimia – This Podcast aims at inviting specialized guests who are able to help with providing different approaches, from emotional eating to spiritual methods of overcoming it, and even methods that likely many have not even heard of before yet may be that SPARK to move forward and say “yes, this form of recovery I can relate to”. https://player.fm/series/bleep-bulimia/bleep-bulimia-episode-19-with-marcella-raimondo-speaks-with-passion-on-eating-disorders-and-recovery
- Empowered Nutrition- The mission of the Empowered Nutrition podcast is to help busy women optimize their metabolic, digestive, and hormonal health. https://www.empowerednutrition.health/marcellaraimondo/
- The Holistic GP- Your new sanctuary for expert health and wellness advice! Join Dr Ashwini each fortnight for holistic health tips and expert interviews on the medical issues that matter. https://pod.co/the-holistic-gp/psychology-of-eating-disorders-interview-with-marcella-raimondo
Marcella was on my podcast “it’s not about food” 11/13/2020. Episode #63.
We had a great discussion about “truth” and how that ties in with disordered eating and body disturbances using my Body Love Cards as a foundation of the show. “Truth” is the internal wisdom that defines who we are. Finding our own truth means figuring out the difference between what we’ve been told we should be, versus who we really are. Often times in the past our true feelings, passions opinions and experiences were ignored, rejected, or just not encouraged. When we can relearn to identify what our own truth is we are able to put into action what our heart and soul desires.” The pressures to be thin, white, rich, young and perfect on our youth is simply incredible, devastating and unrelenting. Helping people find their “truth” about themselves: body mind and soul, is the way to break the chains of societal perfectionism. Marcella does a great job of doing just that.
Laurelee Roark- It’s not about food- www.laureleeroark.com
It was an honor to have Marcella on the Empowered Nutrition Podcast. Marcella effectively helped our audience understand more about systemic causes of eating disorders, and also provided actionable ways to receive and offer support. Marcella is an incredibly important and helpful voice on this important topic, one that needs to be discussed more frequently and openly.
Erin Skinner, MS, RD, LDN, IFNCP– Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Integrative & Functional Nutrition Certified Practitioner
Founder: Empowered Nutrition™: www.EmpoweredNutrition.health